Owning a pet is just like owning a baby. You get bothered about so many things altogether and that’s pretty obvious too!
You cannot just let your pup have anything and everything that it would crave for! However, there are situations when we get into the dilemma about whether we should allow our dogs to have all that we prefer.
Well, that’s a really tough choice to make. Since both humans and dogs are mammals, we tend to feel that we can give our dog all that we are intaking.
But, there are certain things that we shouldn’t be giving to our dogs, and one such temptation to dogs that we are gonna talk over here is none other than ‘whipped cream‘.
At times, you might have probably found your dog licking the whole jar of it. Make sure that the product is out of the reach of your dog.
This is because it may appear to be tempting to your dog, but can affect your dog adversely.
I am Daniela Carrera, a professional dog trainer with experience of around 10 years and I love to help dog owners in solving various kinds of problems they face with their pet dogs.
I am offering a Free Dog Obedience Course for dog lovers like you only for this month. After that, it would cost $49. Don’t forget to get access to it right away.
Is it an absolute “No” for your dog to intake whipped cream?
Although dogs and whipped creams aren’t a deadly combination, it is generally advised to make sure that you do not offer it in a larger quantity. You can, of course, give some whipped cream to your dog but know that this is often tempting, which means that your pup might crave for it even more.
As a result, take a note that you are only offering this product to your dog in a smaller amount and that too, on an occasional basis.
Download Our Free Training Course
Get Instant Access to the Secret Training Course and Unleash the "Hidden Intelligence" in your dog
You should be infrequent in your serving and offer the whipped cream in small portions, otherwise, you will end up seeing that your dog is suffering from excess sugar content and dairy in the product.
Is it toxic to consume whipped cream?
Dogs don’t find whipped cream to be toxic. However, it is tempting and thus, you need to be careful about your dog while you are offering it with that product.
Take note that it shouldn’t be growing as a habit for your pup. Also, it could be trouble for your dog in case it is lactose intolerant. Therefore, take care of all these issues and only when you are sure, get going!
Important for you: If in case you want your dog (all breeds) to live longer, you need to Discover the one little Dirty secret Dog Food Industry Is Spending Millions to make sure you never found about it.
What are the side effects of consuming whipped cream?
It’s okay for your dog to consume whipped cream as long as it is having it in a limit. Make sure that the dog isn’t exposed too much to it.
You may add it to your dog’s diet but make sure that your dog is having it only occasionally. Too much of this whipped cream isn’t advisable either.
It can actually make your dog obese as well as lead it to vomit. Also, it will lead your dog to suffer from diarrhea or bloating and gas.
Therefore, giving out whipped cream to your dog is the only ideal option if you are just allowing it to taste and not consume.
How would whipped cream affect your dog?
- Whipped cream can actually affect your dog by causing trouble in bowel movement. This is because it has a high composition of sugar and saturated fat, which would affect your dog badly. Whipped cream should thus, be avoided as it will cause issues in your dog’s bowel movement and thus, make your dog irritated all throughout the day.
- Consuming whipped cream can also make your dog obese. It will add to your dog’s adipose tissue and your pup will automatically start looking chubbier than usual. Of course, your dog will want more of the cream, but it’s you who should be refraining your pup away from it.
- Whipped cream could lead your pup to get cavities. Too much sugar is never a healthy option for your dog. Make sure that your dog isn’t getting addicted to that whipped cream as it will worsen his habit even more. Try to keep whipped cream away from him, else it will lead your dog to get cavities in the tooth.
- Whipped cream can cause your pup to have diabetes, arthritis and joint aches. It can even lead your dog to suffer from cardiac-related complications.
- Pet obesity is a big problem these days and your pup is more likely to gain some extra kilos if you feed this whipped cream to it often. 1 tablespoon of whipped cream adds up to 50 calories. As a result, your pup will get more prone to dental cavities and gaining weight for just having too much of this in its diet.
Whipped cream: Works worse for smaller breeds!
If you provide whipped cream to your dog, make sure that it is none among the smaller breeds.
Smaller breeds of dogs are more susceptible to be lactose intolerant than the ones that are not that prone to complications.
Dogs that are intolerant will tend to suffer from gastrointestinal complications more frequently than the ones who don’t have any issue with dairy products. Therefore, if you at all need to offer whipped cream to your pup, ensure giving it as just as a topping in an extremely small quantity and that only for miniscule taste.
How to pick the whipped cream for your dog?
While picking up the tin of whipped cream for your dog during your next purchase, make sure that you are reading the label of the product thoroughly.
Note the contents of saturated fat and low fat in the itinerary. Ensure choosing a product that contains the minimum amount of sugar in it.
Also Read: Can Dogs eat Prunes? Should you feed that?
Alternative to whipped cream
If you want to avoid serving whipped cream to your pup, you can always alter it with some other healthy option like that of peanut butter.
This is rich in nutrients, as well as, won’t harm your pet by any chance. It adds taste and flavor to your food, and ensures the craving for sweets too!